11.23.2006

Ava Thursday: Thanksgiving!

Ava Thursday: Thanksgiving! 1

This year on Thanksgiving Ava drew a little book while visiting her cousin Luxie's. The cover shown above says "What will we do on Thanksgiving?" It's a sweet little book. I had to tweak the levels big time on these scans because Ava drew very lightly with light colored pencils.

Ava Thursday: Thanksgiving! 2

This is the second page. I'm assuming that this is Ava. I notice that she's drawing her faces differently lately, especially in the characters for this book. The nose is a new thing; that is, the way that she draws the nose. I love it.

Ava Thursday: Thanksgiving! 3
This is page 3 and 4 of her Thanksgiving book: Ava is thinking about turkey. On the left, she's starting to think about it (notice that the turkey is very small), and then on the right, we see the turkey dinner full page (in a thought bubble).

Ava Thursday: Thanksgiving! 4
On the last pages, Ava finally gets to eat the turkey dinner she was dreaming about! "It's Thanksgiving!" she yells. I love the face on the girl, as well as her jumping up with excitement.

From my family to yours, I hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, the face on the excited girl is great - those eyes are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. darling! so expressive! delightful turkey too!
    happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me smile! Too cute!
    I love the question marks above her head and the steam coming off the turkey...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy post Thanksgiving, but more importantly...HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, Ward!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So precious! Looks like you've got a future animator or illustrator on your hands!

    ReplyDelete