11.09.2007

Here it is

Dia de los Muertos

This is my painting for the upcoming ICONS: A Day of the Dead Group Show at Lunar Boy Gallery.

I don't know what to call it. It's mixed media with gouache, india ink, a couple of cut up vintage magazine ads, an illustration from an old pamphlet on how to throw a successful party, gel medium and oil sticks all on some old print of a landscape that was in the frame I bought at a thrift store.

I'm not expecting to sell it. I mean, if it doesn't get sold, I don't mind. I'm just glad I got it done and that I participated in the show. Looking forward to seeing what everyone else did!

Hope to see you there on Saturday. If you can't make it to Astoria, don't worry. We'll still talk bad about you.

4 comments:

  1. Nice painting, Ward. Very interesting. I haven't seen you work quite like that before. Do you know Wayne White's work? The way you broke the exisiting painted landscape reminds me of him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a really super painting. Good luck at the show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure what (if anything) you're trying to get across here, but certainly a nice execution and the mixed media appears to coexist in a harmonious fashion. Almost makes me wish I knew how to draw!

    ReplyDelete