7.12.2006

I'll keep going if you don't stop me

I'll keep going if you don't stop me
Sorry it's been slow around here. I'm currently working on a post that I'm very excited about, so it's taking me longer to fine tune it. In the meantime, check out my boy Ezra scribbling away with his markers back in April. It was a hoot watching him work. He took to the paper like it was his sole purpose in life. His method consisted of: grabbing a marker, popping off the top, scribbling away for a second, putting the top back on the marker, and then grabbing the next color. All of his creative energy was concentrated on one particular spot on the page, and I swear he'd still be drawing to this day if I hadn't stopped him. (See more pics of the EZ drawing in my Flickr.)

Next post will be a good one. Something special. Hopefully it'll be ready later on today.

5 comments:

  1. "putting the top back on the marker, and then grabbing the next color"

    Can I borrow the EZ to teach my four-year-old how to put caps back on markers??

    I mean, seriously...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am picturing ezra....drawing...drawing...drawing...till the ink seeps through the paper, then the table, down to the floor, through the foundation to the ground, through the earth's crust and finally multi-colored ink going all the way to the core of the earth.....back through earth on the other side....and filling space with ezra's never ending marker ink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey cuz...
    you probably already heard about the sony BRAVIA commercial months back, but if you hadn't (I missed it) I thought you would find it interesting. apparently they sent 250,000 bouncy balls down a couple streets in san fran... but they captured color, movement, and music fantastically. the extended version is almost entrancing.

    -laura

    ps: the robin over my shoulder says hello

    ReplyDelete
  4. ut oh, looks like you got another creative genious on your hands :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to watch him right now, this stage he's in-- with all the mad scribbling. it makes me happy to see him lost in it.

    ReplyDelete