7.06.2006

Ava Thursday: Ezra's Birthday Present


For Ezra's 2nd birthday, Ava drew Lightning McQueen on a big number "2" that Andrea cut out of posterboard. Ezra is NUTS for cars (and the Pixar movie too)—so, naturally Ava decided on drawing the main character on a highway for her brother.

Ava Thursday: Ezra's Birthday Present
Notice that there's new pavement behind him, just like in the movie, when McQueen was sentenced to fix the road. I love the little details here, from the eyes to the stickers on the hood, to the little lightning bolts on the side. She informed me that she drew him without looking at anything for reference. I would've never gotten him right if I tried. Also, if you take a closer look at the first photo, Ava tried to draw 'Bessie,' the asphalt-paver-machine-thingy that McQueen was chained to in the film, at the top of the 2, but decided that it was too hard to draw and proceeded to scribble it out. Worth a shot.

Mommy was recruited to help out in coloring the rest of the road when Ava figured out it was going to be quite an undertaking with those thin markers.

Click here to view a photoset of the birthday party.

6 comments:

  1. i love it and i love that she did it all on a big 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! What a great little creative spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ava's art always AMAZES me. I mean, come ON---look at the way she uses space and shape! Fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got some good kids there my friend...hope you're plannin on keepin em. ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww! shes so creative and im sure she was excited to give it to her brother. thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. she seemed to know exactly what she was going to do, the minute she began working on it. I love that about her.

    ReplyDelete