11.21.2005

M. Sasek on Amazon

For the M. Sasek enthusiast in your life, particularly one who has a blog who just so happens to have a birthday this week, the current Universe (under Rizzoli) reissues of Sasek's infamous "This is..." series are being paired up with each other on Amazon, under the "Better Together" section. I took advantage of getting the first two reissues together: This is New York and This is San Francisco, which was incredibly convenient. Now, you can get This is London paired with This is Paris, as well as This is Ireland paired with This is Venice. The most recent entries won't be available until early next year, This is Edinburgh and This is Texas.

They are not going in order, in case you're wondering. I have no clue as to what logic they use to decide which edition is released. But I do know that they've been releasing them two at a time, which is nice.

Again, if you want to know anything about M. Sasek, please visit Miroslav Sasek.com.

8 comments:

  1. Ward, is it your birthday this week, too? Happy birthday fellow Sagittarian! (As for Sasek, I have NY and Paris... love 'em!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 24th will be my 37th. I'm a turkey this year! Oh, and for a little shameless plug for gifts, my Amazon wishlist for anyone who may be so willing to support more Ward-O-Maticisms. No pressure, of course!

    Sorting by priority is recommended.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would just love to buy all of these for you. I didn't know there was one for venice! so excited for you to share these with ava and ezra.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our dear Ward is having a birthday?! Though I eat cake on a regular basis (it's why I'm in such good health) I now offically have a real reason to buy one! The books look awesome. Can't wait for the Texas one to come out. I hope it includes NASCAR fans and extreme right wing militia members.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see YOUR book series...on shelves in stores one day!

    I couldn't reach you this past weekend, but I'll try to fill you in on the Chusid encounter soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. are all bloggers sagittarian? (if not there's a big majority - i can already count 4 here in the comments page). i heard a little hint of a birthday coming up. thanks for the sasek introduction - great work, i can see why you like thm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure there is a "This is New York", by Sasek, that depicts Christmas/holiday season in New York. I spotted it at Powell's about a year ago, and just recently became a huge Sasek fan....am kicking myself for not buying. I can't locate ANYTHING about this version existing, but KNOW I saw it...any insight?

    ReplyDelete