11.10.2005

Ava Thursday: High fashion


I love this drawing by my 5 year-old daughter, Ava. I assumed that it was her with a dalmation, but she told me that it was just "some girl."

Dig the cool, leggy pose, the purse, the sunglasses up on the girl's head -- this girl's got it goin' on. That's a collar around the dog's neck, Ava tells me, not a scarf.

One more reason why I love this drawing: Andrea tells me that Ava drew this outside in the front yard, while sitting on a blanket, with no images from magazines, no girls with dogs walking by. Nothing for her to base this drawing from -- just her and her imagination.

9 comments:

  1. wonder what that is in her purse.
    Super fashionable picture :) Savvy girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. teaching your daughter the ways of the diva early are you? hehe Good stuff

    ReplyDelete
  3. i must say this is one of my favorites! lots of style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AT is fast becoming my favourite treat on your blog, Ward. This piece is awesome! And that "some girl" looks to have even painted her dog's toenails in colours that compliment her outfit. I think you've got a budding fashionista on your hands, buddy. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure you've already realized this, but this AT collection is only going to get more valuable with time. In 20 years it's going to be amazing to look back at this series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's SO good. You've got one talented daughter! I can totally see some sort of fashionable clotheshorse walkin' down Rodeo Drive with a dalmatian lookin' just like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All aspects, all detail of this picture express that 'sun-glassed look'. For Ava to not only discern a sophisticated 'look' but to be able to detail it in a drawing at the age of five is amazing and truly remarkable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. absolutely positively one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITES.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Agreed, Andrea! I love this one, too.

    Glad you all are digging Ava Thursday. The good thing is that Ava is very prolific, so I've got plenty to scan for years to come (that is, if you're not going to be bored to tears with her work)!

    Thanks for the comments, guys.

    ReplyDelete