11.06.2005

Announcing Ezra Mondays

Okay just kidding about that. That would've been pretty wild if it were to be true, huh? Imagine a weekly drawing from a 17 month old -- that's just crazytalk, I tell ya.



However, he did do a drawing a couple of weeks ago while hanging out at my work. He was fascinated by grabbing one of the many red Col-erase pencils I have laying around my desk, so I gave hime one to see what he would do with it. He immediately started to jab with it at the piece of paper that was in front of him. Curious, I drew a simple doodle of a baby on the paper, to see if I could garner a reaction from my little energetic budding artist. He started to "draw" on my drawing, in a reptitious manner. Attack is more like it. That poor drawing of mine didn't stand a chance.

I was able to do a quick sketch of his hand holding the pencil, while drawing:



So is this the beginning of a brand new artist? Who's to know. I am enjoying just watching little Ezra explore this big, bold world around him for the first time. With his bright eyes all wide with wonder, I see him bound around our house and in the front yard with such a fervor to experience everything for the first time. It's quite an event to witness. It serves as a constant reminder of how I should experience this world around me: with new eyes.

It's hard, but I try.

9 comments:

  1. You said it, and thus the name of my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun to speculate by looking at this picture whether or not he will be a "lefty" or not. I don't know why, but to me it's facinating to think about how childrens little brains develope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's cool that all of Ezra's drawing points the face of the baby you drew. Coincidence? Perhaps, but perhaps not...who knows? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes i think that left hand could be a clue. (and such a cute chubby little hand).

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, I'm with jan... I am crazy about that cute, chubby little hand... and how you drew it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwwwwwww... Your sentimental side never ceases to bring a tear to my eye... Well, okay not really, but it is cute. You know, I STILL hold the pencil that way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes ... the scratches all being within the realm of the baby's head ... thus ... I believe the assessment is right ...
    those are red laser beams ... that baby is out to avenge the death of his blanky, or the kidnap of his passie, or ... global warming.
    Any of those.

    You've got another mensa-baby on your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! I never saw it like that! I like that attitude readjustment, looking at everything with new eyes. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete