11.24.2005

Ava Thursday: Happy Thanksgiving!



Here's a big heaping helping of Thanksgiving happiness from the Jenkins family to yours! And for dessert, here's a tripych of Ava Thursday goodness to enjoy. Ava drew these fun drawings yesterday and immediately wanted me to scan them to "put in the computer." The first one is of "some girl" sitting at the table with a big pumpkin pie in front of her and she is dreaming about herself being in front of a turkey -- but she's full after she ate some pie. See, she's a "bad girl" for eating the pie first. The arm coming from the left is of another girl getting ready to eat the pie.



The second one is of another girl sitting down with a nice, big turkey that's ready to eat on the table. Problem is, the girl is non too happy. "She says it tastes YUCK!" Ava tells me. Also, Ava says, "she has a cute bow on."



The third one is of Ava eating some turkey. That is a picture of a girl on the wall behind her.

I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving holiday with time well spent with family and friends. For me this day is extra-special because I turn 37. Yes, I'm a turkey this year. It happens every so often, and it's always a riot from my loved ones. For some reason they get a big kick out of me being a "turkey for turkey day." They say it's so fitting. I can't imagine why.

So anyway, I'm looking forward to having some cake with my turkey this evening. Yippee! Also looking forward to bulking up around the waist area this weekend, too. Expect future posts from me whining and complaining about how my jeans are getting just a wee bit more snug and how sluggish I feel all day. Fun!

Happy Thanksgiving!

11 comments:

  1. These are all great! The last one is especially nice, with her head in profile and the eyelashes. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy happy birthday, loverboy... I'm working hard to make it a fantastic one for you, I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Ava Thursday. The expression on the girls face in the first one is wonderful. It's cool to watch her developing her own style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving and a big Happy Birthday to you and your family,Ward! ^^ Don't feel guilty about putting on the extra poundage,I know I won't. It all happens once a year,that's my excuse. Go Turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksbirthgivingday, Ward - from someone a little older and a little rounder around the middle - and thanks to Ava for a triple scoop of giggles before I head off to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy birthday to you and happy thanks giving too! great pics by ava too! hope you enjoyed your day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Ward! Hope it's a good one. Turkey day too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy birthday & happy thanksgiving!! i love this edition of ava thursday. i love the bow on 'some girl's' head in the second drawing and all the fantastic details.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HOW old is your daughter again?
    *shakes head* Man, I can't imagine what her drawings will look like at, say, the old age of 17. Wow!

    Belated Happy Thanksgiving, Ward & Co.!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love seeing Ava's artistic progression. She's gonna be a pro by the time she's 10!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Belated Birthday/ Thankgiving, Ward! I hope it was truly splendiferous. You're no turkey though.

    And thank you for continuing to put more of Ava's drawings on the computer...they're always such a lovely treat.

    ReplyDelete