12.25.2012

Merry Christmas

The First Noel
The First Noel illustrated by Alice & Martin Provensen. 1959. This is my staple Christmas post - I absolutely love the illustrations in this book and will share this with you, my readers annually because they are so worth sharing. Enjoy.

Merry Christmas to you and yours, people.

With much love, peace & happiness,
Ward Jenkins aka Ward-O-Matic.


The First Noel: title page

The First Noel: 1-2

The First Noel: pp. 5-6

The First Noel: pp. 7-8

The First Noel: pp. 11-12

The First Noel: pp. 13-14

The First Noel: pp. 17-18

The First Noel: pp. 21-22

And finally, the back cover:

The First Noel: back cover

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing and a belated Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! I love the Provensens so much. Their style evolved so much over their illustration careers. Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I own The Golden Bible by them and love it. Check some pics here: http://joelbrinkerhoff.blogspot.com/search?q=martin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have my Giant Golden Book of the Iliad and the Odyssey in front of me as I type this. It was my first book given to me by my mom, c. 1965. The Provensens are just tops!

    ReplyDelete