There are many bloggers out there who do that 100 Things meme, where they list 100 things about them that the reader didn't know (and in some cases probably didn't want to know). I'm not going to go that far. Some people are very good at it, and can make it actually interesting to read. Me, on the other hand, not so sure. So, I'll approach this a little differently. I'm going to list a couple of things that may or may not interest you, may or may not bore you. If you'd like to know more about any of the items listed, let me know and I'll go into more detail on said item in a future post. (This is just to pass the time while I continue to work on my Ottawa installments. Procrastinating, is more like it.) Here goes:
1. I had no cavities until my mid-20's, even though I would eat sugar (and powdered sugar) by the spoonful when I was a kid.
2. I used to wear hard contact lenses when I was in sixth grade. Not fun to put in, believe me.
3. I have a younger sister. She and I are polar opposites when it comes to personalities and interests, but somehow we make it work. She blogs, too.
4. I've broken only one bone in my entire body: my collarbone. You know you can't set that bone correctly? Ever?
5. Andre 3000 once held Ezra up in his arms, while he was fussy in a bookstore.
6. I have a cousin who also blogs. He's written books on LotusScript, Lotus Notes, and Domino. He's a genius, I'm told.
7. I swear, if I had the chance, I would drink my weight in Coca-Cola. In one sitting.
8. I ran a marathon once. I didn't finish it. I was 14 at the time.
9. Throughout my 36 years here on earth, I've witnessed three births and one death. All family members.
10. While throwing papers at 4am, I was shot at by a man in a small truck with a .22 caliber pistol.
11. I love McDonald's Egg McMuffins. I like to wait to have my favorite fast food breakfast item on Friday morning, as if it's some sort of prize for making it to the end of the week, or something. "I'll have the No. 1 with a Coke. And a cinnamon roll."
12. I am the worst procrastinator and will get easily side-tracked, even if I'm right in the middle of sentence while talking wi
13. Back in the day, I still would order just vanilla at Baskin Robbin's 31 Flavors ice cream shop. Too many choices! Too much pressure!
14. I once was called "that little white dude" on air, by Charles Barkley.
15. In college, I drew a weekly comic strip titled, "Urban Diary," for the school paper. It lasted only about 8 strips.
16. My first real crush was Lori Boatright, grade 5. Because I knew that she would never give me the time of day, I drew a picture of us amongst an ocean and a beautiful sunset. I was so dorky.
17. I love the smell of cut grass. It reminds me of my childhood.
18. I never attended middle school. We went straight from elementary school (1st through 7th grade) to high school (8th through 12th). Talk about being dropped into the belly of the beast. Eighth grade was a very trying year for me, considering that I was your classic, grade-A GEEK. (And did you know that the 8th grade was considered "Sub-Freshman?" Upper-classmen loathed us and called us "subbies," in a derogatory way. But we loved that term and used it to our advantage. I don't know how, but we did.)
19. Because I was a big Prince fan, our whole family went to go see PURPLE RAIN when it came out the summer of '84. Yes, I know it was rated R. During that big love scene, if you happened to have looked over at me in the theater, you would've found me slowly sinking down, down, down into my seat out of embarrassment.
20. I've always felt years younger than I really am.