3.10.2005

Illustration Friday: Ancient


I have to admit that I cheated on the illustration for Illustration Friday this go around. The theme this week was "ancient," and I really did not feel up to it. It was not my week to be all creative I guess, because, as mentioned before, when you're dealing with two sick kids, it's kinda hard to find inspiration. So I wasn't going to participate; I was going to post about something completely different today.

But I changed my mind when I had this one scan of a painting I did in my sketchbook last year of a 1956 DeSoto ad up on my computer screen. I was going to post it for another day, but when Andrea saw it she asked me if I was going to post this for Illustration Friday. She thought that it would fit the theme considering that some people would think that a car about 50 years old would be considered ancient. I felt that that might be stretching it a bit, but after some thought, I agreed with her. To some, a DeSoto from 1956 is ancient, but to me, those cars from that era are marvelous, beautiful works of art.

So, here's my entry. I didn't work on it this week, but it does fit the theme. Something a little different, but I hope you like it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, and isn't this an animation blog? Hmm. I guess it is. Sorry about that. It seems that I've neglected in posting about things animation-related.

So uh, yeah. Expect some more animated posts soon. I promise!

5 comments:

  1. It's ancient enough for most of the viewers, Im sure.

    Beautiful.

    Ghost Notes

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are no hard and fast rules, Ward. Free association is cool with Illustration Friday, as far as I'm concerned. This is very nice! I gotta draw more cars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work. Are El Caminos as good as Desotos?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, that's pushing it a bit. The early El Caminos, yes. The later ones....well, get back to me on that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool and fresh. I like the spontaneous feel of it. Nice nice nice.

    ReplyDelete