3.24.2005

Ava Thursday: Ava with Balloons


What? I almost forgot Ava Thursday! Big thanks to my own mother for reminding me! I sat down to go through a nice big batch of new scans of Ava's artwork last night, but then got immediately side-tracked (in typical Ward-fashion, of course) when I stumbled upon Banksy's shenanigans and just had to write about it.

So, without further ado, I present to you another edition of Ava Thursday. And since past entries have been mostly devoid of color (just check them out over in the right column there, where you'll find a convenient and nifty pull-down menu), I found one where Ava used these funky special markers that only mark on special paper, made by Crayola. This is Ava with a sister (originally, she said it was a friend, but then changed it) and they are in a park surrounded by colorful balloons. She did this one in February of 2004, while we were watching the Oscars over at Andrea's brother's house. (We do this on a yearly basis, as we get a big kick out of getting together to make fun of all the Hollywood-types.) If you'll notice the arms to the "sister," you'll see that they are stretching out further than they should be and touching Ava, as if she's embracing her. Ava drew this several times in other drawings and I love the significance in that. Very powerful imagery.

Sun! Fun! At the park! And with balloons! What more fun can you possibly have???

3 comments:

  1. I love that! Woooooo! I'm such an Ava fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonerfull childhood. Thats what comes to mind. If you like check out my site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. michelle- ava is indeed ward-o-matic junior. our daughter has two crazy artists for parents! ward features a different drawing/painting of ava's each week.

    ReplyDelete