2.23.2005

Ava Thursday: Happy Halloween!


Yes, I know, this is February but this drawing by Ava back on 27 October 2004 was too priceless for me to wait any longer in posting. I love this one, as there's so much energy in how Ava drew the face and how the different lengths of the arms convey action. Ava tells me that this is her saying, "Happy Halloween!" and you can just sense how much she loved the holiday (is it an official holiday?).

And for the record, she went as Cinderella. Ezra was Gus Gus, the mouse. Quite the cute couple, I must say. Maybe I'll post a pic of the two later on.

7 comments:

  1. Another classic! Beautiful! Halloween is such a grand holiday for kids. I remember my best Halloween was when I was able to cobble together a Han Solo costume. It didn't look much like Han Solo actually but at least I had the gun--which really was the most important part.

    Anyway, beautiful stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second what James said. What a great drawing! If there is a PEANUTS special involved with it, I love that holiday, so Halloween is one of my favorites. Try as I may though, I can never seem to come up with a great halloween costume... this year, I may look into dressing up as Ava's "Happy Halloween" illustration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, post a picture! That is priceless! I was a clown my first Halloween and I never outdid that cuteness. And the arms in her drawing are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am confused that picture looked liked an alian and it was drawn by a child right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ava is 4 1/2 years-old. Just poke around the other posts and you'll get a chance to know who I am as well as my family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. teLL aVa iD buy this iF it was on a caRd at waLLy woRLd's.
    i kno a bunxh of fRiends who'd agRRe how pRiceLess it is *_*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I understand your wanting to post this early, it's GORGEOUS ! Those hands and twinkle toes, bright eyes, teethy giant grin and the killer detail added, those lips !!! I have a grin on my face as big as the one she's drawn this tickles me so ! Bravo, Ava, encore !!!

    ReplyDelete