6.23.2009

Terrible Yellow Eyes

For Terrible Yellow Eyes

I'm sure you've heard of Terrible Yellow Eyes by now, right? If not, please click on the link to visit Cory Godbey's wonderful tribute site. His words:

Terrible Yellow Eyes is a collection of works inspired by the beloved classic, Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak....We share a love and admiration for Sendak's work and the pieces we present here are done as a tribute to his life and legacy.


I want to thank Cory for coming up with this great idea. And I want to thank him for allowing me to be a part of it. Above is my submission.

And, of course, I want to thank Mr. Sendak for being so wild as to create such an inspirational bit of children's literature.

3 comments:

  1. Nice use of the leaves on this, Ward. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfull illustration! I loved this book as a kid, still do. In Dutch it's called Max en het Maximonster (Max and the Maximonster). I don't like the translation.

    ReplyDelete