6.12.2009

How To Train With a T. Rex and Win 8 Gold Medals

How To Train With a T. Rex and Win 8 Gold Medals

It's here!


It's official, guys: my very first children's book that I illustrated is now available: How To Train With a T. Rex and Win 8 Gold Medals. I had so much fun working on this book, thanks in part to art director Lucy Cummings and editor Alexandra Cooper at Simon & Schuster. Those two made the project worthwhile for me as I was neck-deep in deadlines and redos. It was a great pleasure to work with such fine people. Thank you, Lucy and Alex!

It feels so good to finally talk about this thing! I'll post a couple of shots of the inside of the book later on this weekend, so be sure to check back later. I'll even talk a bit about the making of some of the spreads, including sketches. I promise it'll be fun.

A big hug goes out to my wife Andrea, and to Ava & Ezra for being patient with me during the months it took to complete the book. I am nothing without you guys.

And one last thing: a big thanks to all of YOU for being so supportive of me! The love & support from family, friends and fellow artists goes a long, long way, believe me. Thank you.

11 comments:

  1. WOOT! WOOT! Awesome! I gotta get a copy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo...how do I get a signed copy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic and congrats! i have an oldie book i was thinking of sending yer way but i need an address to send it to...lalalal....1958 roy doty....

    ReplyDelete
  4. At last!!! Yay!

    I'm with Graham -- I'm buying a copy and sending it to you to get it signed. Congrats, Ward. Well done!

    K.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cool man! I'd love to hear how the project came about in a post or something...Would love to hear some of the process of that...

    congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah Ward, I can only get a copy if it's SIGNED :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ward,

    The illustrations are fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have a six year old who loves dinosaurs and michael phelps... we'll be picking this one up. book tour to ny/nj?

    awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. congratulations! Is there any way to tag that train in a later edition, the paperback copy maybe? it needs to be tagged..

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, congratulations! I'll definitely order a copy.

    ReplyDelete