9.12.2006

sketches mcsketcherson

Here's some more sketches out of my sketchbook (click to view larger):

sketches of little andrea
Sometimes I will draw from photos as an exercise. These two adorable photos can be found here and here. This is little Andrea, circa 1972.

sketch of andrea blowing a kiss
My lovely wife. She's hot.

sketches of ava
Trying some ideas out in the way I draw Ava. The upper right sketch is based on a photobooth photo of when Ava got in the booth by herself.

sketches of ezra 1
In case you didn't know, Ezra has The Scowl. It's most impressive. Inspiring, even.

sketches of ezra 2

sketches of jim & gussy
Andrea's parents when they were dating. I love these shots! You can check out the original photos here and here.

sketches of some people
Mind wandering. I like the way the two guys at the top there look.

sketch of guy with drink
Another guy with a vice! First it was smoking, now drinking. Although I'm pretty sure that it's Coke in his glass there. I think.

sketches of some bored workers
Bored workers. I've never worked in an Office Space environment like this, but I'm pretty sure it's no bag of chips.

Well, like the ebb and flow of the ocean, I've stopped sketching for now. (As you can see these images were culled from last month's drawing frenzy.) The Big Move has squelched all creative energy from me for the time being. But I'm sure it'll be back up and running soon. I hope.

FYI: all my artwork, sketches, paintings, images are copyright Ward Jenkins. No stealing, please.

9 comments:

  1. These are great! I am always excited when you post sketches on your site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nice comments, guys. And Pop, you're right—I should've added the "-ey" at the end of "sketches." I wasn't thinking clearly when I titled the post! How can you ever forgive me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, you nailed the scowl. also, always a pleasure to be drawn by you, always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really, really love the last one and also the blowing-the-kiss one. Really beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome! your sense of line quality and design is on the money.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Howdy, Ward. These are all wonderful - I can spot your distinctive linework anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are wonderfully animated!! Great expression!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey - that bottom one on the right there at the computer is me! Just add a few inches of hair in the pony-tail and you have a dead-ringer. Ha! You have a lot of talent.

    ReplyDelete