6.11.2007

Wow

I'm humbled by the reaction to my previous post on blurkers. I never thought I'd get such a great positive response from all of you who braved the harsh winds of de-blurking -- feels good, doesn't it? It's okay, now -- you may go back to your blurking ways; I don't mind. I loved reading up on all of the comments, to see where you came from, what you do, why my blog is listed in your bookmarks, etc. Like I said, I'm humbled that any of you would consider my blog (and Andrea's) a part of your daily (or weekly) routine. Feels good to be included.

Thank you.

I do want to say that there was some reasoning behind the post, of course (besides being a great ego stroker, ha ha). There's no better way to find out exactly what my readers want than by asking you point-blank what brings you here to The Ward-O-Matic in the first place. The more I know, the more I can give you. And when I find out that you all love my artwork, my vintage illustration collection, my stories, Ava Thursday -- that's a plus because there's plenty more from where that came from! I know that lately I've been posting more word-heavy posts and I wasn't sure if that was the direction I wanted for the blog. But to read from some of you that reading up on our Big Move and me taking the plunge to work for LAIKA was both insightful and fascinating further solidified my inclination that The Ward-O-Matic doesn't always have to be so image-centric. One of the reasons I started this blog was a chance to work on my writing skills, to break out of the usual bad habits when it came to my writing (be patient with me -- it's a work in progress).

So, again -- thank you for your responses, your comments, your words. I really appreciate them all and will take them to heart. And thank you all -- each and every one of you who take the time to stop and read my words, check out my artwork, my daughter's artwork, anything else that I post about here. It's a pleasure to be a part of each and every one of your lives, no matter how many miles may be between us.

------------------------


Are you curious about what to expect on this blog coming up soon? I know I am. Here's a brief rundown:

Some insight into a lost animated classic.

A behind-the-scenes look at...what? Where? Find out soon....

More on the Platform Animation Festival. I'll be on two panels now -- expect me to talk more about this soon.

More sketches! I've started a personal project for myself to make me a better artist. Yeah, right.

I finally got the ol' scanner out! Expect more vintage goodies coming your way.

And yes, that means more Ava Thursday!

So, hopefully this'll wet your whistle for the next month or so.


1 comment:

  1. No, no, no...we want more Robert! Ha! Well, I guess all the other stuff will have to do!

    ReplyDelete