8.09.2006

Ava Thursday: Father's Day crown


For Father's Day this year I received a fantastic gift: a crown worthy of a king made by a super sweet girl, my daughter Ava. I love this crown. She decorated it herself (Mommy presided) with confetti and shiny stars and wrote "King Dady" all on her own. She then drew everyone in the family drawing themselves all around the crown. I love it. I'm wearing it right now. (You think I'm kidding, but I'm not.)


This is Ava drawing herself by Ava.


And this is me, with my incredibly hairy arm, drawing myself. I do have hair on my arms, but man! I guess to a six year-old I'm Sasquatch.

6 comments:

  1. I don't have any trouble believing you were wearing your crown while writing the post! What a great present; Ava has such an eye for detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LUCKY DADDY!!! (^__^)

    *wOot*

    its such a pretty hat.. do frame it up and keep it well.. awww.. made me melt.. (^__^) sweet, sweet AVA!!! weeeeeee (^__^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is a killer artist already -- love that "people drawing themselves" approach. When I was her age I was doodling cowboys disfigured by my crappy understanding of perspective. She's got the eye!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA! That's awesome... and yes, you are a sasquatch. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool hat. My son made me a pencil holder out of an orange juice can and glitter that I still use after 5 years or so.

    Also, great posts on other things too. Love the Jim Flora posts as well as your work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that crown is amazing in so many ways... your daughter is really creative!

    ReplyDelete