1.19.2006

Ava Thursday: Trinity's Birthday Card



Ava drew this for her friend Trinity, who had a birthday party recently. I like all the little details in this drawing -- the cat (who resembles our own cat, Baby), the slice of birthday cake with a single candle, the gifts, the balloons, the way that Trinity and Ava are holding hands and the way Trinity is walking. Very nice. I love it.

I took a photo of this drawing since I didn't have time to scan it. Ava was getting ready to leave for the party and was going to give this to Trinity.

8 comments:

  1. All the things you mention are indeed great--but I'd also note that cool staircase! It's almost Seussian...or like the set design in "Caligari", except friendlier. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the balloons and them holding hands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great! She drew Trinity with a lot of attitude, and I love the repeating pattern of the balloon strings - like a little signature Ava flourish. Nice! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yesh, Trinity does look a little mean, but that's just her hairline there. (Actually, with her looking mean gives the drawing some extra drama to it, you know?) And that staircase does look a bit Seussian!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dare I say that this is almost competing with some of my drawings. Dang, Ava. Slow down and at least make us old timers feel like we have the advantage...

    She's growing up, Ward.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Trinity character is really something! the way she depicted her walking, i can see it happening almost. Kind of a bouncy walk. That Ava has got talent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! I simply love this kind of drawings. She has a similar style to my drawings back in the days^^.
    When I looked at this picture it reminded me of the time when I created my first 2D animated short with 6 other students back in filmschool.

    The Beauty Of Life

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! It's all so great!

    ReplyDelete