9.16.2005

Say hello to my little friends

I have this weird idiosyncrasy when I restock on fresh animation bond paper. I have to put the new batch under the few pages that are remaining because I imagine all the pages as little guys waiting in line to perform. And these guys have been waiting a long time to be snatched up by me to create my so-called "magic," so if I place all the new guys down on top of the old guys, I imagine that they get really ticked off. "Hey, wait a sec! We've been here for days and now we've got to wait longer???"

I blame Walt Disney for this. If he hadn't given inanimate objects anthropomorphic attributes and personalities, then I wouldn't feel sorry for all the old pages of animation paper never getting the chance to be used.

I'm so weird.

10 comments:

  1. Man, I feel the same way. There's something really cool about rolling the paper, too, an intimacy that is impossible to replicate in any other medium.
    And now it's back to work. On the blasted computer, too. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no! i totally think the same thing. too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow....that is weird. And I am exactly the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do that too, but not just with paper. Eggs, bread, shoes, pencils- I always want to give the ones next in line thier chance to shine. Or maybe I just don't want the food to go bad. Either way- I think we're all pretty odd.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No Ward, You're just creative! (insert high pitched Minnesota accent)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fine.
    Creative neurotic freak.
    There.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that was funny. it's the cushion of the papers underneath that i like - even though i'm not an animator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I were an animator, I would do that too. I blame my history as a concession stand worker in a movie theatre, where we had to stock all the new candy behind the old candy, so as to not sell anything stale...

    ReplyDelete