8.04.2005

Ava Thursday: Ezra asleep in carseat


Click for a closer look.

Ava drew this cute little scene last week in the car. Ava was bored and didn't know what to draw while we were in the car, just after lunch. I suggested that she draw Ezra, who was asleep in his carseat right next to her. I didn't really think she'd take me up on my suggestion, but she immediately began to look over at her brother, and then doodle with her red pencil.

By this point, I was being dropped off at work (I usually do lunch with my family, we live so close to Primal). While at work, Andrea called me about 10 minutes later and said, "You should see what Ava drew. It's really interesting."

And she was right. What a fun drawing! This is Ezra sleeping in his carseat (note the 'zzzz's'), while Ava pokes her head in from the right, singing him a song. I love how she's drawn herself only half in the frame, complete with a big smile. And how Ezra is sitting there, with the seatbelt keeping him safe. That's a teething rattle next to him, obviously drawn not to scale. (I tried to find a pic of this same rattle to show you how amazingly detailed Ava drew it, but could not find anything online.)

Ava loves her little brother so much. She's very good with him and tries to help out mommy as much as she can. When I look at this drawing, it shows to me what a great relationship she has with Ezra.

9 comments:

  1. Another winner!

    This one is cool when you know the background story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so much I love about this one... the ears and his closed eyes... the zzz's above his head, the way she's peeking into the picture and singing him a song. oh, that girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Ezra's eyelashes and ears.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also I love the three little strands of hair on the top of his head.

    And thanks, Jamie, for the mention on your blog. That was very cool of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No problem, Ward. Ava Thursday is the coolest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I love the three little strands of hair on the top of his head too :) So funny, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah, i like the eyelashes too! and that car seat is pretty amazing when you think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's not just the detail (love the seat belt), but the expression of sweet peaceful sleep on his face that wows me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nate and I love this one. It is amazing what she is drawing these days, so much detail! I have seen that car seat and she really captured it-as well as the sweet little guy sitting in it. so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete