12.05.2009

Free Shipping ends tomorrow!

A gentle reminder that the Early Bird Special: FREE SHIPPING over at The Ward-O-Matic Shop ends at the end of the day TOMORROW! That's Sunday, December 6th.

If this'll make it easier for you to decide on whether or not you'd like to order a print, I doodle something different on each and every shipping invoice that's included with the shipment. Here's one example (actual doodle on an actual invoice, scanned for your pleasure):

Tanks!

The character varies, but always done with a smile.

It gets better, too. I also draw something special on the front (and back!) of each envelope I mail out. Done with marker on study cardboard mailer, I never sketch anything out first, just start drawin'! The character on the front is almost the same, called "The Dreamer", he (or she) conjures up the addressee's name and address for each envelope. (Sorry, didn't get a scan or photo for this post. Maybe next time.) On the back, something unique to every single buyer. Here are two examples:

Mailer drawings

I've had people tell me that they save the envelopes, which totally makes me happy.

Now, don't you want to buy a print today? Of course you do.

Merry Christmas!


6 comments:

  1. Just chiming in to say that my package arrived today and the doodles are a really awesome touch and totally made my afternoon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great, Matt! Glad you like 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ward,

    Why sis you take down Ava's "Love Is Embarrassing" post?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hubs, it was a personal decision on my part after the post got mentioned on Reddit. There were so many people checking the post out, with several crying foul, that it was photoshopped and that I probably did the drawings, which was utter nonsense. It made me mad and frustrated that people could be so callous towards my daughter's artwork. I know, I was asking for it when I first posted the drawings on my blog back then, but really it was for my readers - the ones who actually read my blog and would fully appreciate them.

    I may one day put the drawings back up in Flickr (they're privated, so are still in there), but I need to think about it first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. Thanks for the heads-up.

    I say don't let the turkeys get you down' but, I can also understand your feelings.

    Best of luck to you in this wild west we call the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My prints made it safely across the Atlantic and arrived this week, thankfully the envelope was in tact too! Thanks very much- I love them :)

    ReplyDelete