1.17.2008

ezra

ezra

Back in August, we checked out a very cool outdoor market downtown and walked about the vendors, smelling the smells and ooed and ahhed over the sights. As Andrea went with Ava to get food for lunch, Ezra and I lounged about on the grass, underneath the trees. After some running around, my son stops and falls to the ground. I don't see him do this at first -- I was looking the other way. But suddenly I have this realization that the usual ball of energy I call my son is strangely quiet. So I turn and see him laying down on the ground all by himself, looking up into the trees.

He doesn't move. He's like this for several minutes. For those who have 3 year old sons, you know that that's like a small eternity.

I got real close to take his picture, and he still did not move.

that boy

10 comments:

  1. did he tell you what he was thinking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, that's great. He's recharging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, he never did! He was just laying there, then got up and walked around a bit. As if nothing happened. Funny boy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Photos, very cute!
    Ha hah, yes know that 3 year old thing very well too. I think my daughter is the Energizer Bunny incarnate.
    They're amazing to watch when they're studying something- so intense and focused.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What happened to Ava Thursday's?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at the photo of him and then the pic of you on your sidebar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I especially love the second photo. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. his eyes are so big and beautiful!
    wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That is the coolest picture of a kid that I've seen in years. It looks like you have a second career in photography if you ever choose to go that way!

    ReplyDelete