9.21.2007

Ava Thursday: Swimming Pool

Ava Thursday: Swimming Pool


Sorry this is a day late. But it's Friday! Let's hear it for Fridays.

Ava drew this obviously on June 29th, right at the onset of summer. Even though summer's winding down here in Portland (it got down to 45 degrees recently in the early morning), I thought I'd post this nice reminder of fun in the sun, at the swimming pool, hanging out with friends, hiding in bushes.... Eh? "Hiding in bushes?" Hmmm, so I'm pretty sure that Ava had a story to tell with this drawing and I was right. But I'm a bit ashamed to post it because, apparently, Ava's still on a "poo poo" and "pooter" kick. It doesn't help when her 3 year-old brother gets in on it, too. Oh well. What's a parent to do? Well... here's her story for this drawing. Don't say I didn't warn you:

There's this bad guy and he likes to poo poo and pooter! (She's laughing as she tells me this....) The other people are looking at him and pointing. He's hiding because he knows he's a bad guy. ("Why is he laughing?" I ask.) He's laughing because he pootered the whole world! ("He pootered the whole world?" I repeat.) "YES!" (She then starts in on a big giggling fit.)

Nice way to start off the weekend, huh? Hope you have a great one. And hopefully I'll get to meet some of you at the Fantagraphics Bookstore in Seattle tomorrow night for that Jim Flora exhibit opening reception. 6 to 8PM. See ya!


2 comments:

  1. Profound, groundbreaking masterpiece. Once again, the artifice of ava's work stuns the art world...blah blah blah...

    This is really cute. Gosh, I'm embarrassed to say that I have been drawing the same subject matter as Ava lately (poop!). I've come full circle...

    ReplyDelete