7.06.2007

Unfolding: My Article on AWN


Well! I finished my PLATFORM article for AWN just in the nick of time and now you can read the fruits of my labor. Check it out HERE. I'm happy with it, for the most part. Although, I feel that I could've done a better job of capturing the unique atmosphere of the fledgling festival if I had more time to think it through. Anyway, that's what my blog's for, right? I'll have more to say about the festival soon enough. In the meantime, check out the article and tell me what you think. (Big heaping thanks to Andrea for proofreading my terrible grammar.)

By the way, I've uploaded some more photos in my PLATFORM Flickr set. More to come! Arrgh!

Monster head

5 comments:

  1. Hey, it's so cool to see the photos from the festival. Looks like it was a blast. Congats on the panel, too. It must feel great to be recognized for your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been following andrea's website and decided to take a peek at yours today. the two of you make for a fascinating couple and the both of you always give me so many great ideas and educate me in so many ways. cheers! natty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ward! I'm so bummed I missed out on Platform (and I don't think I can make it to Ottowa either this year.) But it sounds like it was a blast. And because you like vintage illustration, I wanted to let you know that I posted an entire old 'Sword in the Stone' kids book on my blog today. Check it out:

    http://billsart.blogspot.com/2007/07/vintage-wizards-duel.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, nice work!!! :)

    Wish I could've made it to Platform to see you there..

    Thanks for writing the article and taking pics!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to "hear" that you are/were so jazzed about the Platform event. Especially that there wasn't any interference from CN regarding the festival planning and selection of content. This year I didn't have the funds to make the trip but next year... fingers crossed!

    Best - Dave"Meet Mr. Product"K

    ReplyDelete