2.14.2006

Sketchy sketches

Some more sketches from my Moleskine. Sorry for the randomness of the drawings featured. That's just the way I roll.


Something about unrequited love in gym class during the 70's, isn't there? Where your emotions were worn on your sleeve and your gym shorts were hiked up higher than they should.


Fellini's Pizza is a local pizza establishment with great pizza and cool tatooed kids working behind the counter.


I drew that sketch of Cash from a 1958 publicity shot, hence the younger look of the singer. Those lyrics there are perhaps the best song lyrics ever written.


This guy is loosely based off of a friend of mine who used to have this look down pat. Now he's grown out his hair and wears contacts. Oh well.

10 comments:

  1. These are all money! I'm, going to steal your sketchbook...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Ward--these are all so cool! I love 'em. : )

    Geez, your style is really singing these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Random-rolling is cool. Johnny Cash is Super Man. Those are the best lyrics ever. Tell your friend to quit screwing aroung and get back to his old, bad-ass self.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you roll. Wonderful sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never ever get tired of looking at your sketches. ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, guys, for your nice comments! Sometimes you never know what people think of your stuff, especially the drawings that you really never think about sharing in the first place. But I'm happy to know that you guys dig them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uhhhh, hey... That last guy looks a little like me doncha think??

    These sketches are the BOMB man! I love how you are able to "riff" with your style! It's great to see you bee bop-ing and scat-ing all over the place!!! Nice work man!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That last sketch is particularly fun. I feel like I've met that guy before!

    ReplyDelete
  9. While in Atlanta, I was forced to eat at Fellini's Pizza. Boy, was it worth it! The girlie workn' there looked like my brother's girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. fun animated sketches!! Love the expression and personalities on the characters!! :)

    ReplyDelete