5.18.2014

This year...

This is me.

I am not going to compare myself to others as much. Or at all. I am embracing the struggle, accepting the mistakes I've made and pushing through. I am learning. I am trying. I am not going to let it get to me. Everything. It is going to be okay. I know it will. I am going to finish that one project I've been working on for some time now. I will not put it aside and forget it. I will keep it up front and center. Because I know that that's my spark. I know that it will keep me whole. I know that I can call it my own. I am going to draw when I don't want to. I am going to draw when I'm tired. I am going to draw when I need to. Because I am losing my identity when I don't. I am going to draw more and erase even more than that. I am going to organize my thoughts and ideas. For once. And I am going to listen to my wife. Because she knows me best. Even when I think she doesn't, she does. Always. And I am going to give in to the uncertainty of this year. Because I know I can't control it. I am not going to forget things and I am not going to give up. I am going to remember and I am going to keep going. I am not letting my weaknesses take root. I am not letting my insecurities envelope me. I am not listening to my doubt. I am not letting my negativity control me. I am not letting it win. I am not losing this year. I am not. I am not. I am going to win. I am. I am.

9 comments:

  1. You did a NEW blog post-- in 2014! ...That in itself is a win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you are correct, Chris. A major win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am printing this out and taping to the wall next to my desk. Today is the crummiest day I've had all year, and this really puts it into perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This. Is. Great! I need this too. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. keep going dude!!! I feel Im in the same boat sometimes. Hopefully things will be on the lookup going forward! Best to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this thoughts, so many others feel the same, like me :) Have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow new to your work, so appealing, just great, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. This will be our mantra!

    ReplyDelete