7.21.2011

Very busy busy

Been very busy lately, working on two books at the same time (a third, even, for a short while!). There's so much I'd love to talk about and share with you, but because of papers signed and so forth, I have to keep my mouth shut until the proper moment. I promise it'll be worth the wait. The late nighters are getting to me, however. Gallons of coffee has been consumed, and I'm only halfway done. Oh, well! In the meantime, I've updated my postcards to pass out, thanks to my awesome agent, Jennifer Laughran. The front features one of my favorite illustrations, Speaking in Color. Here's the back (click on image to see a bit larger in Flickr):

New postcard back

Self promotion is always a tricky thing. A great deal of artists I know hate to do it, or are just too busy to figure out a decent way to do it themselves. I'll be talking about this particular subject, along with a bunch of other things having to do with freelancing, being an artist and illustrator, children's books and publishing, as well as making the transition from full-time to freelance on the blog soon. All of this will be discussed just as soon as I finish up these books and get a few nights of decent sleep. So, stay tuned!

By the way, if you have any questions in regards to what I've mentioned here, or if there's something you'd like to talk about on this blog, drop me a comment or email (see profile page or my website) and I'll bring it up in conversation. Until then, I'll just go ahead and head back down to the basement.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats Ward! Awesome, awesome and awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! I really really love your postcard design, Ward. So much fun. It's so different, too. I agree with the self promotion being a hated task. It's something that I have to jump on next week, so thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, guys! And sure thing, Melinda! Best of luck with promotin' yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't really dislike making postcards. I couldn't do cold calls though. Great card!

    ReplyDelete