11.17.2004

Golden Age Comics at The Bremen

There is an exhibit at The Bremen called Zap! Pow! Bam! The Superhero: The Golden Age of Comic Books, 1938 - 1950. You can go directly to the page for it here. It's an ongoing thing from now through August 2005, with special events and programs to coincide with the exhibit, including....cooking classes? Umm, okay....anyway, there are some folks checking it out this Sunday, the 21st. I'm not sure if I can go, but if you would like to hook up with some (somewhat) respectable characters, contact me and maybe we can work something out.

I wish I had known about this, but Will Eisner was there last Saturday, at the Atlanta Jewish Book Festival, as part of this exhibit. That would've been something to check out. For more information about the Superhero exhibit at The Bremen, you can contact Phyllis Lazarus at 404-870-7684 or email her.

2 comments:

  1. Hey,

    Jujst a quick note... Some people from the Atlanta chapter of the Cartoonists Society are going on the 1st of Dec. I might try and go then...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ward, I'm wondering if you recall a comic from the late 40s featuring a scientist who studied insects in a cave (beetles as I recall) and in the last panel of the issue was shown as/morphed into half (upper-body) man and half (lower body) insect/beetle? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete